What you need to make a Colourful Sculpture?
- A long thin gauge wire
- Transparent contact paper
- Scraps of tissue paper in different colours
- Scissors or knife
- Torch, if you like
How to make a Colourful Sculpture?
- Bend the wire in the shape of a circle.
- Put the contact paper on a table, with the sticky side facing up.
- Put the wire on this side.
- Scatter the coloured tissue paper bits within the wire, in any pattern you like. Cover the full circle with the tissue paper scraps.
- Cut the contact paper on the outside of the wire, until a 2 inch rim of contact paper is left.
- With the scissors or knife, make a slit every 3 inches on the length of the wire.
- Then, you can fold this contact paper through the slit so that it sticks behind the wire, on the uncovered side. This provides support to your sculpture.
- Try bending your sculpture until you think it looks good.
- Once you’ve tried bending it in different shapes, shine a torch behind it and see how it glows!
We have a huge collection of free and downloadable craft ideas for kids.