10 Fascinating Facts about the Solar System
- The Solar System is 4.6 billion years old.
- Venus is the brightest planet in our sky.
- Jupiter’s magnetic field pours billions of Watts into Earth’s magnetic field every day!
- The Sun makes up 99.86% of the Solar System’s mass!
- Saturn has such a low density that it would float if put in water!
- Uranus was discovered in 1781.
- Mars is just a little more than-half of Earth in diameter.
- Neptune is 30 times farther from the Sun than Earth.
- Mercury has almost no atmosphere.
- Pluto is the biggest dwarf planet in our solar system.