How to make Plum Cake
Plum cake is a traditional Christmas goodie- read on to know how to make it!
What You Need
- 1 cup maida (refined flour)
- ½ teasp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped raisins
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 teasp lemon zest (Grate the rind of 1 lemon)
10 Steps to make Plum Cake
- First, preheat the oven to 160° C
- Next, grease a cake tin by putting a few drops of oil and spreading it with your hands.
- Sieve the maida with the baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix in the raisins and walnuts.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla essence in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs and lemon zest- make sure you mix it continuously.
- Now add the maida and mix again- your batter’s ready!
- Pour your batter in the cake tin and bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Then, take it out from the oven and turn it upside down so that it can cool.
- Cut it in slices and serve it!
For more interesting recipes for kids, go to Recipes for Kids category.
@Jadewolf Thank you!
Supper awesome and delicious