You might feel that oats for breakfast are boring, but they are packed with a lot of nutrients that help you stay mentally and physically active throughout the day.
What are the benefits of eating oats?
- Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants.
- A cup of oats has 13 grams of fibre. Having it for breakfast can help your brains work actively throughout the day. Health benefits of oats include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Oats contain a large amount of beta-glucan, a type of soluble fibre which has numerous benefits. It promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
- You can get creative with your oat meal in the morning by adding some honey, chopped apples, strawberries, sliced bananas or crushed nuts like raisins or cranberries to it. These would increase the nutritional value of the meal and brighten up your day!
- You should have oats as often as you can. No need to skip other breakfast options. Though having one cup of oatmeal serving is essential. Having 13 grams of fibre in a day is a healthy habit.