Keeping a new year resolution is a common western tradition. But it has now caught the attention of everyone worldwide. More of a fashion statement now, here are some interesting facts about new year’s resolution :
Fun Facts about New Year’s Resolutions
- Almost 4000 years ago it was the Babylonians who promised their Gods that they will pay their debts at the beginning of every year.
- Then the Romans also began each year by making promises to their Gods. Thus started the resolution parade.
- Studies show that only 8% of people actually achieve their resolutions.
- Almost 30 percent of people never make new years resolutions because they know they won’t be able to keep it.
- But people who make new year’s resolution are ten times more likely to achieve their goals than the ones who don’t.
Click here and get more New Year’s Resolution Ideas for Kids.