15 Interesting Facts about Michael Schumacher
- Michael Schumacher is the only Formula 1 world racing driver to win 7 championships.
- He has won 91 races.
- Schumacher is also known as Schumi, and he is from Germany.
- His first go-kart race was at the age of four when his father managed a track for him.
- Schumi got a driver’s license at Luxembourg at the age of 12.
- Schumi has a lucky pendant and he never drives without it.
- Schumacher began racing with F1 with the Benetton F1 team in 1991.
- He won 8 out of 14 races in his first F1 win (1994).
- In 1996, he switched to the Ferrari team and was with them till 2005.
- Michael and his brother Ralf Schumacher placed first and second in the same race, five times.
- Michael Schumacher was the winner of 13 races in a single season in 2004.
- He holds F1 records for most career wins, most wins in a season, most points during a season, most consecutive race wins, most fastest laps and many others.
- He returned to racing in 2010 with Mercedes GP team, but he did not win any races. He retired in 2012.
- He loves designing cars and has done some designs for the Ferrari Enzo.
- In a skiing accident in 2013, Michael Schumacher had a severe head injury. He has been in a coma since then.
To read more interesting Sports for kids articles, CLICK HERE