In this simple step by step guide learn how to draw a tortoise in a simple and interactive way. You just need a red pen and a paper to start drawing a tortoise in the next 2 minutes!
13 Steps to draw a Tortoise
- Draw a curved shape for the tortoise’s shell.
- Make its stocky, short legs. The back ones will be partially visible only.
- Draw a tail at the back.
- Give it two ovals in the front.
- Extend them to form the neck.
- Give a smile to the tortoise when you make its face.
- Draw its eyes and shade them.
- Erase lines as shown.
- Add lines on its back.
- Give nails to its feet.
- Add details to make it look real.
- Watch it get inside its shell!
- Colour it in so that you have a pet that you can hang. Your friends and family will admire your drawing.
For more such cool How To Draw videos go to our Drawing for kids page.
Glad you both enjoy them, Soha! Send us some photos of what she’s drawn to firstname.lastname@example.org
We loved drawing the Tortoise. My 7 year daughter absolutely loves to do all your ‘How to Draw’ Videos. Super fun and interesting.