To know or not to know, that is the question! Well, wouldn’t you prefer to know?
Hamlet, an ever-curious hamster, is on a quest to learn new and interesting facts about the world around us. With a new subject each time, Hamlet explores intriguing facts that you may not have heard before. He’s bored of the same old facts about the same old things. You may feel like you already know everything there is to know about everything, but there’s a whole world out there for you to explore and unknown facts you may not already know! Why not shake things up with Hamlet’s curiosity and a great sense of humour? Take this fun fact loaded adventure with him!
10 Amazing hiccup facts
- Hiccups are a mystery, no one knows for sure why they happen!
- Almost all mammals have hiccups .
- The medical term for the hiccups is singultus.
- The sound of a hiccup is caused by your own body cutting off the air that you have sucked in.
- Babies in the womb hiccup too!
- Babies hiccup more than adults.
- Hiccups can happen up to 60 times per minute.
- The longest bout of hiccups lasted for 68 years.
- The medieval term for hiccups were “hockets”.
- Once you hiccup more than 7 times, you typically will hiccup 63 times or more.